Staying fit and active is a crucial part of maintaining a healthy lifestyle, but finding the time to fit this into your daily routine can be a challenge, especially if you have a busy life and are juggling multiple responsibilities.
Fortunately, there are a number of ways that you can add movement into your life without spending too much time or effort.
In order to help you stay in the best shape, we have put together four top ways to help you incorporate movement into your daily life.
1. Create a commute. One of the easiest ways to add some exercise to your daily routine is to create an exercise commute for yourself.
– If you head out to work each day this is easy enough. You can get off the bus one stop early, park a little way from your office, or, ideally, walk to work and back. This is an easy way to boost your steps.
– If you work from home, you can add an exercise commute into your daily routine with minimal effort.
– Each morning, before you hit the desk, head out of the house, walk around the block, and then head to work. Not only will this help you to be more active, but it can also be useful for establishing a clear work/home boundary.
– Try an app or smartwatch to count the steps that you take on your commute. You will be amazed at how much of a workout you get!
2. Invest in a standing desk. One reason we have a sedentary lifestyle is that we spend all day hunched over a desk. This is something that many of us are very guilty of.
– A great alternative is to invest your cash in a standing desk. These are designed to be adjustable to your height, and allow you to work as normal while standing.
– When you are standing for long periods, you will be working the muscles of your body, and are more likely to move as you do so.
– If a standing desk is not possible – for example, if your office will not allocate the budget – you can also opt for a small “under-desk” bike. These allow you to move while sitting and can make a great alternative to a standing desk.
3. Set a timer. It is easy to get lost in your work, so make sure that you set a timer – ideally for every thirty minutes – to stand up from your desk, stretch, and take a few steps.
– This will also offer benefits for concentration and focus, and so is a double advantage!
4. Dance it out! Sometimes, you just have to move, and what better time than when you are waiting? Next time you are waiting for the kettle to boil, the phone to charge, or the coffee to pour, set your phone to loud, pick a tune, and just dance!
– This is also guaranteed to boost your mood. Everyone’s a winner.
Taking the time to move is crucial for helping you to maintain good mental and physical health, and should be a major priority throughout the day. Put these four tips to work in your life and watch as you feel better throughout the day. Interested in working with a certified personal trainer and wellness coach? Call today for a free consultation!